CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Inexpensive Aerators for the Septic Tank

Mercury Detox
Dental work and fillings, not a problem.

hamletjsd Views: 30,862
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,073,250

Re: Inexpensive Aerators for the Septic Tank

I've been a little skeptical. There doesn't seem to be consistent info available on aerating old tanks. Some people seem to think you just drop in an aerator and you're good to go, then other places warn of the dangers of moving solids into the leach field.
I have only one partition. So Right now my plan is to basically center my contraption in the middle of the inlet side and try to use my eyes and a flashlight to determine if it is causing too much disturbance in the second chamber. Not sure about adding bacteria. Again, no consistent info. Even one of the sites you posted said "all you need" is already in the waste water.
I added a "clean out" on the drain side just to give me something else to look down into to monitor what was going on. Can you think of any sort of a filter I could drop down in there? A filter might get clogged, but it'd be stopping stuff before it clogged the leach lines... and if it clogged too quickly I'd know the aeration was causing the problem. Just a thought.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.145 sec, (1)