CureZone   Log On   Join
Family sick with reoccurring stomach flu or a parasite??

Feel Like The Wind!
Be light and breezy now!

Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Feel Like The Wind!
Be light and breezy now!

Heart Worms?
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Jmb55 Views: 4,937
Published: 11 y

Family sick with reoccurring stomach flu or a parasite??

Since April 1st (26 days) my 3 children, sister and myself have been experiencing something that appears to be a reoccurring stomach flu. We will vomit from anywhere between 4-12hrs accompanied by diarrhea that lasts 2-3 days. The seems to pass and a few days go by and it starts all over again. My sister was the first to get sick but it only had it the one time. Iv experienced 3 episodes so far..my 8 year old has had 4 episodes, 3 year old has had 2 episodes along with a fever and what looked like the start of a head cold/flu but only lasted 1 day. My 2 year old hasn't severely vomited but would wake up and vomit once a day for 4 days and had diarrhea for close to 2 weeks. Towards the end of her diarrhea she had developed a fever that lasted a few days and blisters around her mouth, throat, tongue and upper palette. The doctor prescribed her moxicilin, Zovirax and another type of topical cream for the blisters caused by the coxsackivirus At the time most of us had only had 2 events of vomiting/diarrhea so the dr wasn't concerned about that. My husband hasn't caught this.

We are getting sick on different days, not all at the same time so I don't think it's food poisoning or anything we are continuously eating that's contaminated. All 3 times that iv been sick i had ate a decent amount of meat the evening before. First two times were after eating steak cooked med-well then again after eating turkey. I'm petrified to eat any meat or anything else for that matter. Iv been surviving off of peanut butter, soda crackers for the past 5 days which seems to be doing the trick so far. My 8 and 3 yr old have been sick the past 2 days. Im beginning to think this will never end!! An unusual symptom which iv never experienced before, are sulfur tasting burps that happen a few hours prior to vomiting. My vomit also has that same repelling taste and smell x100% mixed with the poisonous taste of bile. Iv read the sulfur smell can be associated with giardia. Not always but a majority of the time when the kids throw up its will happen while they are sleeping . They also seem to confuse the nausea pain for extreme hunger pains which I thought was odd. My 2 year had a fever last night and a soar throat.

After reading about giardia I asked my dr. for us to get tested. I havnt been able to get a stool sample tested yet but my sister did take her dog to the vet yesterday and had him tested for giardia. They did a swab test..reaults came back negative. We live in Canada and haven't done any travelling or swimming as a family at the same place or time. The only possible source in our home for a parasite that I can think would be from the dog or our water cooler. When the big jug of water is empty we take it back to the store..i assume they get sterilized somehow..then refilled and resold again. We never drink the municipal water and the first dr. I had taken my 2 yr old to see, said he had never heard of anyone with giardia in our area. The second dr. I had seen thought giardia was a very good possibility. What triggers the upset stomach in someone with giardia? Is it certain foods or something uncontrollable?

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this or have any suggestions to what this could be? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

Jmb

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)