CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Explain open and closed methods of colon hydrotherapy?

CCLNYC Views: 32,432
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,345,256

Re: Explain open and closed methods of colon hydrotherapy?

Valerie,
I have had many, many, MANY colonics over the years and could be the poster girl. I think they are a gift to those of us smart enough to ghave them. I don't have a particular problem with regard to constipation, my experience has been that my general health is better and I get sick far less often than I did before I started. I've had them open and closed (I've had about 10x more closed than open, though that may change now.) I've had them from many different therapists, with disposable parts, metal parts that got autoclaved, hoses and specula of different sizes and type. Here's what I think:

With a good colon therapist such as yourself, I got great releases as long as my diet was reasonable and I took my probiotics regularly. Because I have a hemorrhoid, the wider specula were not particularly comfortable and the administering therapist had to be careful upon insertion, which I found to be initially uncomfortable (as you mentioned). The problem I felt with the closed method, even with the larger hoses, is that many times, what I was expelling was too large for the hose and I had to get off the table and release on the toilet. It didn't happen all the time, many times I was on the table from beginning to end. But it did happen. There were also times that were uncomfortable because the desire to push was really strong and I couldn't or I'd push the speculum and hose right out (it actually happened once or twice.)

A while back, I got a Groupon offer for a colonic from a new place. Since it was really inexpensive, I decided to give it a try. It so happened that they used the Libbe method, an open system with a smaller speculum. When I saw the set up, I was glad that I hadn't paid much and figured that I had nothing to lose but was sure it couldn't be nearly as effective as the closed ones I'd had previously. I couldn't have been more wrong. First, the speculum was far more comfortable for me. Second, since the design is to fill and push to move the waste out, the hose stays in place and the issue of pushing it out is non-existent. (That was really big for me!) In each one I've had, that one and since, I've had just as many releases if not more than with closed, which was my initial concern. I felt as good afterward as I ever had with a closed colonic. It was after that initial experience that I started doing more of the closed and have had exactly the same health results.

There is one good reason I would recommend closed colonics for those who have either never had one or have one had one once o twice. For an open colonic, you are pretty much left on your own. They tell you to wait until you feel the urge and then push, but for someone who is new,the instructions they give may not be enough information. Having had so many, I know the drill and was able to do what I needed to do, making sure the colonic was effective.

My wrap up: colonics are a really good thing, open or closed. I personally like the open ones better as I find them more comfortable. I recommend closed colonics for newbies until they know their bodies and how to make the open colonic work well for them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (2)