CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Actually, the original post is correct and yours is misinformed

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Make your own Organic, Tasty, and Effective, Fluorid...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
medicineforthepeople Views: 4,409
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,994,413

Re: Actually, the original post is correct and yours is misinformed

Getting into Warburg & interpreting his work is not too important here, but his work does help one to understand the way the body's cells respond to low energy environments. When there is no oxygen as an electron receptor at the end of the electron transport chain, mitochondrial respiration will be not be able to continue.

I apologize for using a study where corn oil was the source of the polyunsaturated fat. It is important to understand that no matter what the source, it is still has many double bonds and that comes with a characteristic biochemical property.

It is the following concept that I am trying to shed light upon. If you can comprehend this, then you will understand that krill oil, by it's molecular nature can not rid the body of free radicals. This is from a research paper on milk thistle, which does in fact scavenge free radicals and enhance the glutathione system. I have added the words in the [].

Ghosh A et al / Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology Vol. 2 (10), 2010,348-355

"The mechanism of free radical damage include ROS- induced peroxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acid [krill oil/fish oil/vegetable oil] in the cell membrane bilayer, which causes a chain reaction of lipid peroxidation, thus damaging the cellular membrane and causing further oxidation of membrane lipids and proteins. Subsequently cell contents including DNA, RNA, and other cellular components are damaged." [15]

15. H. Wiseman. Dietary influences on membrane function: Importance in protection against oxidative damage and disease, J Nutr Biochem 7: 2-5 (1996).

J Nutr. 2000 Dec;130(12):3028-33. Polyunsaturated (n-3) fatty acids susceptible to peroxidation are increased in plasma and tissue lipids of rats fed [DHA] docosahexaenoic acid-containing oils.

Food Chem Toxicol. 1998 Aug;36(8):663-72. The association of increasing dietary concentrations of fish oil with hepatotoxic effects and a higher degree of aorta atherosclerosis in the ad lib.-fed rabbit.

Eur J Clin Nutr. 2003 Jun;57(6):793-800. Increased lipid peroxidation during long-term intervention with high doses of n-3 fatty acids (PUFAs) following an acute myocardial infarction.

Transplantation 1995 Sep 27;60(6):570-7. The effect of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) on acute rejection and cardiac allograft blood flow in rats. Haw MP, Linnebjerg H, Chavali SR, Forse RA. “The immunosuppressive effect of dietary PUFA warrants further investigation, and their use as a possible adjunctive treatment in organ transplantation should be considered.”

Now, the above study illuminates a very important aspect of how the these PUFAs work, whether they be krill oil or fish oil. They inhibit the immune system. Now there is research that talks about how a lowered immune system sets the body up for cancer. I hope we can agree that this makes sense.

In response to the n-3 to n-6 ratio:

Nutr Cancer 1998;30(2):137-43. Effects of dietary n-3-to-n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratio on mammary carcinogenesis in rats. Sasaki T, Kobayashi Y, Shimizu J, Wada M, In'nami S, Kanke Y, Takita T. “An increase in the n-3/n-6 ratio did not suppress the incidence or reduce the latency of mammary tumor development. The number and weight of mammary tumors per tumor-bearing rat tended to be large in the group with an n-3/n-6 ratio of 7.84 compared with those in the other groups. As the n-3/n-6 ratios were elevated, the total number and weight of tumors increased gradually.”

I am not here to start a war, just to here to educate. I support critical thinking and open educated discussion. The media and marketing have been driving the fish oil education. This is inherently dangerous.

Ultimately, what we put in our bodies is our own choice. I would like to make sure that this choice is a well informed one.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.098 sec, (2)