CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Am I a Highly Sensitive Person or Moody? How can I manage myself?

lakshmi7 Views: 6,675
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,766,603

Re: Am I a Highly Sensitive Person or Moody? How can I manage myself?

Hello!

I used to have similar issues around period, so I understand how you feel. And believe me, it can be managed. I improved about 90% of my emotional and physical symptoms through mostly dietary changes, and proper sleep and some detox.

I agree with illysmanx about the blood Sugar effects.

Yes, you definitely need a good breakfast! I believe a high-fat breakfast that also has some protein (like eggs) and follow up high-fat snacks (like a GAPS legal-cookie) during the day will keep your blood Sugar stable. From what I understand, our hormones, esp. the ones that help us to deal with stress are made from cholesterol. So, cholesterol is vital in our diet for many things including our mood!

I strongly believe that all grains (even non-gluten ones) and refined sugars make your blood-sugar fluctuations worse. I used to eat lots of pasta and had severe blood Sugar troubles (fainting, mood-swings, etc).

Now, after couple years of trying different dietary approaches to solve my own blood sugar roller-coaster, I am following a version of GAPS/SCD diet and I am seeing pretty good results. I eat lots of eggs (mostly yolks) , take cod liver oil, and eat lots of fatty foods and I forgot about blood sugar problems. After adding cod liver oil I have noticed improved focus for a longer period of time (I don't get tired while listening to info, for example) better memory.

By the way, Coffee can make your sugar drop even worse if you drink it without any fatty meal, and on top of that it can rob you further from Magnesium and potassium.

Palpitations sound like a sign of magnesium and potassium deficiency. These two minerals are responsible for our state of calmness among other things (while calcium and sodium are more needed in a fight-or-flight situations). So, if your blood sugar is down and your Mag and K are low, you surely might get weak, moody and tired.

Dong Quai (or Angelica Sinensis) makes a huge difference for most PMS symptoms (takes away irritability, fatigue, etc).

BTW, full moon might make your symptoms worse as everything is more intense during such days, good and bad. I assume proper nutrition and some cleansing might make full moon a much better time.

Hope this info will help you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.145 sec, (2)