CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Am I a Highly Sensitive Person or Moody? How can I manage myself?

Views: 8,376
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,766,603

Re: Am I a Highly Sensitive Person or Moody? How can I manage myself?

Dear Moody,

Mood swings especially among women (like myself) are highly linked to nutrition and energy levels. There are several things you can start on right away to help stabilize things:

Eat fresh fruit when your mood starts swinging down. A negative downturn in emotion is linked to a sudden plummet in blood sugar, when the body suddenly stresses out because of lacking fresh carbohydrate and energies. Breakfast cereals and refined-grain foods in the morning will produce this downswing with great regularity. You can just about set your watch by it! Concentrate on getting a fist-sized portion of meat in the mornings, and you'll have longer-lasting energies as well as sleep a bit better at night. Make sure to go after ecological eggs and lean meats. Cracked-grain breads can help satiate the other part of the blood-sugar-swing problem, because the grains help to act to level out blood Sugar throughout 4-6 hours. Snacking is a definate DO, but snack on the right things, because processed food snacks are a DON'T. They often enough just deplete your mineral reserves, and that's not so great.

Bi-polar swings in mood can be linked to a magnesium and sunlight deficiency, and these are easily fixed by adding relatively inexpensive supplements to your morning regime/meal. Read here about the power of magnesium to help you in energy levels and in optimizing cellular function: http://www.krispin.com/magnes.html

Read here about the research and pointers on D3 (sunlight replacement): http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

The vitamin D council has a very active facebook page, which I reccommend for asking questions. It is VERY important that you do NOT go out and buy D3 in doses of 5,000 iu unless you get the mix with the magnesium, zink, boron, k2 and gensteinium included (try biotech labs), and that you are quite clear over that calcium intake should be ONLY through food when on doses higher than 1,000 iu of D3.

Lastly, I find myself that extra Iodine through a daily teaspoon of kelp helps balance out the Depression I've struggled with so long. it seems to hold especial importance for some women, and I'm not sure specifically if it is Iodine or zink that is proving so beneficial to helping me relax, but even though kelp tastes so.. funky.. it makes me feel much, much more relaxed.

A naturalist has suggested using Spirulina (an algae multivitamin) instead of regular multivitamins, because the nutrition and amino acids in it is so much more powerful for the body than the chemically-produced multivits. I took a look, and it seems quite right! Just be careful who and where you buy your supplements from. She once bought an off-name brand and became quite sick. It was made cheaply from kelp.. and you take kelp when you need extra minerals. Spirulina is a multivitamin.

Take your time especially to think over switching from refined-grain products to fruit, veg, nut and seed snacks, and to multi-grain bread from wholefoods. The stuff from the other stores like safeway, kroger, piggy-wiggly and all.. they're a sham unless you can -see- the grain kernels and the husks in them.

God bless, good luck, and I'm honest.. mood is blood Sugar and nutrition! Don't cheat yourself when you go to the grocery store- be picky. It's your happiness you're either buying or selling there.

Looking at the ' foods that kill ' and ' Blood Type Diet ' charts here can be quite daunting, but when you do dietary changes, just do them slowly and have fun doing it. Dark chocolate 70% or higher can be a lovely boost for your brain in small amounts, and can help with weight loss and nutrition (high in magnesium, b-vits and bioflavinoids), but it does take some time to get used to.

I focus on salads and smaller meals after 7pm.. I sleep a lot better without a heavy load on my stomach. General rule of thumb: cook at low temperatures with olive oil, make your own smoothies, eat light and lots. Try and avoid combining: high fats and carbs.

Avoid ANY form of artificial sweeter. If you want sweet, get dark molasses or maple syrup. They have the minerals in them that keep the Sugar from robbing your body of nutritional deposits in your bones, and are much healthier than refined sugars. If you haven't read the curezone info on aspartame, DO. It kills nerve cells, and for some people faster than others.

Happiness to you in a stircrazy world, -illys

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (3)