CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Do it: urban agriculture;make a lawn a food forest

Energy Awareness Course
Use CureZone kode to get a free session!

Juice Fasting Made Easy
Organic 9 day juice fasting kit. Heals the body, removes toxin...

trimnut2 Views: 2,731
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,955,505

Re: Do it: urban agriculture;make a lawn a food forest

Chiron, thanks for this posting.

I cannot watch your youtube link here but will do so when on a faster service.

I do not know whether you saw this on OWS.

//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1956682

Being modest I have copied my message across and would Like this debate to get going. These developments can be reactive rather than pro-active. My comment is directed at pushing that change. I have added one sentence which I hoped I had included in the first posting: T2

Hello pepe, thats okay: Stage 101.

A glut exists at present. In three months time very few vegetables from what is on display will be available.

Food security needs more thought than this:

Forget product substitution. Recognise the new eats and enjoy a different diet. Learn how your environment will teach you what to eat when. Learn how to grow plants effectively and well. And with minimal labour.

Grow a majority of perennial leaf crops for greens - the best "cut and come again" plants. Grow long storage root crops - at least 12 species are possible and grown here - more possibilities exist than most realise. Grow Tree carb sources - at least 150 species exist - long term development. Learn which weeds are edible and use them regularly. Learn all the native indigenous food sources and use them. Focus on the sour and or long cycle fruits - often better than most commercially grown fruit crops. Learn the value of long season fruit cultivars. (Edit: Study and learn from the other comparable environments to your own around the world: consider, species, diets, production methods.) Recognise that this sort of eating provides a better nutritional base than most have now.

Recognise that food storage via fermentation, drying, salting and the more modern methods: vacuum sealing, freezing mean that with a little thought a food glut is never an issue. We're still eating last years bumper crops of collards, mustards and chinese cabbage crops via sauerkraut Kim chi and gurduk. Again this improves nutrition.

This is a powerful way of challenging how our society functions at two levels: Use this opportunity to build better health. And use this opportunity to profoundly enrich your relationship to food. Use this opportunity to get control of your food supply: Occupy your food cycle.

And pretty simple if you wish to. T2

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.113 sec, (2)