CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: its true

Ginagirl Views: 3,253
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,909,041

Re: its true

I believe the consumption of pufas (poly unsaturated oils) lack of iodine, selenium (takes care of the pufas among other tasks) + several other factors to to be much more to blame for skin cancer than the sun. -But it was great for the big pharma to have the sun to blame; they have earned billions on it!

Anyway; for every skin cancer death one "save" by not tanning, around 52 Breast Cancer deaths happen due to the lack of vit D / sunshine. It was a chart somewhere; over the US that stated this clearly. Maybe I find it later.
Skin cancer is bad, but it is usually not a death penalty, it is quite easy to handle, compared to other cancers.
http://www.sunarc.org/

Tanning beds; To be honest I have used tanning beds since I was 16. That is over 30 years. Not looking like a prune yet;-) In the beginning it was pure vanity as I am slightly read headed, freckles etc, could never get a tan until I started using the beds.
Now it is the wellbeing of it and the fact that I want to prevent Breast Cancer and others diseases like MS (loads of cancers in my family)

The great news is that my skin doesnt sun burn that easily after throwing most pufas out of my life; started taking coconut oil and using only pure butter for my cooking (+ a little olive oil)
The tanning bed proved this quite easily as I used to need a sunscreen on my chest (mineral based) or it would burn.
Now I dont need it.

A tanning lotion I make myself is coconut oil mixed with aloe vera gel and a few drops of iodine. Works great.

"Top 10 facts about vitamin D and cancer

1.Many studies have found solar ultraviolet-B (UVB) vitamin D associated with reduced risk of breast, colon, and rectal cancer.

2.A randomized controlled trial with 1100 IU/day vitamin D3 plus 1450 mg/day calcium found a 77% reduction in all-cancer incidence.

3.Geographical studies have found reduced risk in mortality rates for 15-20 types of cancer in regions of higher solar UVB doses.

4.Observational studies found risk of breast, colon, and rectal cancer falls as vitamin D blood levels rise to over 40 ng/mL (100 nmol/L).

5.Mechanisms have been proposed to explain how vitamin D acts to reduce the risk of cancer from starting, growing, and spreading.

6.Those who develop nonmelanoma skin cancer may have produced enough vitamin D to reduce their risk of internal cancers.

7.Those with higher vitamin D blood levels at time of cancer diagnosis had nearly twice the survival rate of those with the lowest levels.

8.African-Americans have an increased risk of cancer in part due to lower vitamin D blood levels because of darker skin.

9.Higher UVB exposure early in life has been found associated with reduced risk of breast and prostate cancer.

10.Those diagnosed with breast, colon and prostate cancer in summer in Norway had higher survival rates than those diagnosed in winter."

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/health-conditions/cancer/

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.117 sec, (2)