CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded What's this (my) parasite? And a Q about DE and dogs...

Venus85 Views: 18,235
Published: 12 y

What's this (my) parasite? And a Q about DE and dogs...

My three children have pinworms. This is the second time in two years we've dealt with them. This time we've treated with pin X and an overly thourough cleaning routine. We've also recently adopted our first dog. I decided to introduce diatomaceous earth for the entire family two days ago.

This morning I passed what I believe to be a parasite and egg sack? I'm not a fan of digging around in stool, but it was very obvious something was different. All of my stool sank, except for one cherry sized piece and a string that floated to the top, while attached to stool at the bottom. I have checked in the gallery and Sanjean seems to have the same type of worm. I was hoping someone could help me identify it.

The worm looked like this:

//www.curezone.org/upload/Parasites/DSCN0291.jpg

The worm was ATTACHED to this (same white looking larve came out when prodded)

//www.curezone.org/upload/Parasites/tn-8_13_10_2_.jpg

In addition, that one floating stool contained two more of the suspected egg sacks!

I was also wondering if anyone had experience giving DE to their dog. She's a 2.5 month old German shepherd mix. I gave her 1/2tsp in her water and 19 hours later (at 2am no less) she began whining. When I removed her from her crate she tried scooting her butt on the floor. I took her out and she passed about 3 1/2inch flat white worms, ALIVE! I did the same on day two, with the same result. Today is day three and I added 1tsp to her food. My question is, shouldn't the worms be dead if the DE is doing it's job? Or is it possible that they were just weakened enough to lose their grip? Will upping her dose help kill them? 

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my iPod

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)