CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: PSA spiked after several megadoses of Vitamin C

parazapper Views: 8,186
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,892,603

Re: PSA spiked after several megadoses of Vitamin C

That is a really extreme jump and I personally would go get retested by another facility. Could there possibly have been fingers on the scales? Could there have been an erroneous test result? I would never accept such a number based on a single test.

If the jump is valid, I seriously doubt that the Vitamin C would be the cause except for one possible exception. If it is working and the prostate cancer is being destroyed, then it is quite possible for the PSA to jump to such a significant level. Again, I would retest. Actually, I would be testing my PSA every week or two since the test only costs about $31.00 if you know where to get it done. The Free PSA test is only $61.00 and is a better indicator of actual cancer than the total PSA.

PSA is an antigen that is produced by irritation and injury of prostate cells. This would be the case if the Vitamin C was working or if something else had worked.

Other things that can cause a serious spike in PSA ? Having ejaculated within 24 hours or so of being tested, especially if this has not occurred in a while.

Actually, frequent ejaculation reduces the risk of prostate problems as well as reducing the risk of prostate cancer. Prostate problems often show up about 5 to 10 years after a reduction of sexua| activity and men who remain sexually active up in to their 50's are at much lower risk of prostate cancer.

Also, if your PSA is 1.0 or below at the age of 61 then you most likely will not die of prostate cancer even if it developes.

The following is of possible interest:

“In my search for information on Prostate Cancer, I have found that many cancers are caused by toxins produced by fungus (Costantini, AV). Dr. Costantini has published information that states that the chemical identified as Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) is actually a serine protease with a molecular weight of 33-kDa. Several researchers have identified this chemical as being produced by various species of fungus.
The chemical identified in the PSA test has also been found in breast, pancreatic and colon cancers. It is not specific for Prostate Cancer. A treatment with an antifungal drug can be given previous to the IVC treatment or in conjunction with the IVC treatment.”

From: http://cancerfighter.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/intravenous-vitamin-c-mr-heming...

Another article provides some good info:

In large part due to poor diet and the lack of exercise, prostate problems continue to be one of the most common problems in older men. It's also one of the reasons for the daily use of flaxseed.

Dr. Demark-Wahnefreid at Duke University recently reported that the compound called lignan in flaxseed slows prostate tumor growth by binding to the male hormone testosterone and removing it from the body. This action is important because the body normally converts testosterone to 5 dihydroxy-testosterone, which promotes prostate cancer. (Urology 01;58(1):47-52)

Flaxseed has also been shown to have an anti-cancerous effect on breast cancer, colon cancer, and melanoma. You can get flaxseed from most health food stores, or by mail from Mountain Home Nutritionals at 800-888-1415.

In addition to flaxseed, the substance lycopene, found primarily in cooked tomatoes (tomato paste), watermelons, and pink grapefruit, can reduce PSA levels and slow prostate cancer. You can also get lycopene in supplement form. The suggested dosage is 15 milligrams twice daily. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Pre 07;10:861-868)

Increased insulin levels also promote the conversion of testosterone, which explains why diabetics and people with diets high in Sugar have an increased risk of developing prostate cancer.

Another underutilized compound that is effective at treating a wide variety of prostate problems is the bioflavonoid quercetin. In one recent study, a dosage of 500 milligrams of quercetin twice daily proved very effective in a period of just two weeks. In 11 patients suffering from prostate pain, nine experienced complete relief of their symptoms and the other two reportedly improved. In nine other patients with non-bacterial prostate inflammation, six had complete resolution of their problem and one improved. In 19 patients who were experiencing chronic bacterial prostatitis, eight experienced complete remission and one showed significant improvement. Out of this entire group, regardless of the problem, there was a complete resolution of symptoms in 59 percent of the cases. For the cases with no infection, the success rate was 75 percent. (J Am Nutraceutical Assoc 99;2(2):36-39)

Onions are a good source of quercetin, but it is also available as an individual supplement. In most cases, quercetin seems to work better with vitamin C. If you have recurring or chronic prostate problems that don't seem to respond to traditional therapies, a two-week trial of quercetin could be a viable option.

Another even more potent substance to help stop the spread of cancer is modified citrus pectin. For more information on quercetin and modified citrus pectin, click here.

Best wishes for your father in law.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (3)