CureZone   Log On   Join
vasculiitis in colon?

Views: 2,967
Published: 13 y

vasculiitis in colon?

Ten days ago I had emergency surgery due to ischemic colon, and he took out almost my whole colon! He didn't tell me that when I was in the hopsital. He said it could be reversed in 3 months, but now he says he can't do it! I have a colostomy and may never be able to get it fixed. All the blood vessels were clotted, in and out. He said it's probably a form of autoimmune vasculitis and I need to find a rheumatologist. Pathology report wont be back for a week or more. 

The ER CT scan in November said it was from the splenic flexure to the descending colon, the rectum was "spared", and now he said it had expanded to the transverse colon and rectum. I showed my doc and the GI doc the first CT scan and they still made me wait another month to be seen! I couldn't eat, or even drink and was in severe pain. I thought I was going to die. 

I'm angry the GI doc wouldn't see me, and I had to go to the ER again near death to get help. If they would have taken me seriously this summer and done a colonoscopy this may have been avoided. It sounds like steroids could have helped vasculitis if they caught it early.

It's been a real nightmare. I don't know what kind of hope there is for me now. 

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's difficult. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.031 sec, (1)