CureZone   Log On   Join
Root canal causing hypothyroidism?

gopheralex Views: 7,590
Published: 13 y

Root canal causing hypothyroidism?

Dear Cure Zoners,

In 2005 my #12 tooth chipped and I chose a root canal. Afterwards, the tooth felt a little warm and throbbed a bit (without pain), then settled down and has been symptom-free ever since.

In mid-2006 I began to feel just a little "off" - hard to describe, but just a tiny bit less motivated. I started to have fatigue later that year which worsened until late last year when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism with a TSH of 9. My neck is inflamed and I think I must have autoimmune thyroiditis. My doctor prescribed levothyroxine, which helps, but I feel like I'm addressing the symptoms and ignoring the cause.

Prior to this I was always in perfect health. I also have a mouth full of amalgams, the latest of which were set in the mid '90s and never caused noticeable problems. Of course, as I know, Amalgams can cause systemic problems that never get traced back to them.

Am I right to be suspicious of my root canal? I have an appointment scheduled with my conventional hole-in-the-wall dentist for next week. Should I even bring up extraction?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)