CureZone   Log On   Join
Amen, Chiron. And, I thank you...

fledgling Views: 7,521
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,786,015

Amen, Chiron. And, I thank you...

Chiron,

...I just now got to your post in the wee small hours of the morning, March 27th, 2011.

I believe you may have hit on some excellent reasons why this world did NOT fall apart with the A-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

You are a fine researcher, my friend.

I encourage all researchers/writers/logical thinkers to keep on with their loves no matter how little proof of appreciation comes their way.

Many, or even most of the people of this world have missed the education that enables them to understand, and judge for themselves.

However, those who would pull the wool over the eyes of the public, world wide, have missed what I think is the most powerful communication tool afoot on this planet...the grapevine. God bless it!

Did you know that the ladies of the 1930's and '40's used to vie to be first to hang out their wash on Monday mornings? Some were up before dawn...to show their neighbours that they were far more organized and industrious than anyone.

One radio show devoted to these empresses of the homefront was "Oxydol's own 'Ma Perkins'"...Oxydol being their preferred laundry detergent/soap.

Ask the gals of those days what got them through the 'dirty thirties' and the world ache that was WW II. One of the most powerful homilies of those days was 'talking over the back fence'. We invented our own support system.

And 'the grapevine' is alive and well today.

It may very well be saving our bacon this minute.

Young people today may be inclined to attribute the spread of common sense to 'technology' and 'science'. Nope.

It's the spreading of sense and goodwill by neighbourhood kindliness...irrepressible human spirit.

Young mothers used to sing real music as they went about their work.

The songs that started my life and feelings were "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes", "You are My Sunshine", and Roy Roger's, "Don't Fence Me In". There were many more of these gems.

Television was still a gleam in someone's eye.

You see me using commas and stuff. A well-known author told me (by email) that, apparently, commas annoy the readers of today.

But, I think, if I don't use the best punctuation I know, who will?

(And, believe me, folks...I make mistakes, too.)

I even judge the published written words of others by their spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

If authors don't think enough of their written and published opinions to have them professionally edited, then why should I give them weight?

I had, in the Canadian public school system, what passes today for a 'classical' education.

Once, the quotes of great thinkers were passed on in Latin. By 1938, when I was born, that had pretty well vanished in our public school systems. Sigh!

So, how does a person teach themselves what they don't even know exists?

Well...hurry to your public library and sit at the feet of your librarian.

And, to further raise your spirits, follow the suggested readings of the really smart people on CureZone.

And, say that you did.

Your efforts will be appreciated beyond measure...and you will become an important member of the grapevine...influencing history.

My thanks, Chiron and all the other alert people here.

You make me feel so much better.

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)