CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: what's the best way of coping with schizophrenia?

christianbenkenobi Views: 2,296
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,772,390

Re: what's the best way of coping with schizophrenia?

Well I think the schizophrenia started in autumn 2000. I got into manias and had weird ideas about solipsism and all. But I puttered along until christmas 2001 when I tried to kill myself in a fit of delusions. I got into a hospital and they diagnosed me with the schizo there. At first I got prescribed with Solian (Amiulpride), but this didn't do that much and had many side effects. I got a bloated face from this, for example. In 2003 my doctor got me into the hospital again and I got a new medicine there, Zyprexa (Olanzapine) and they stopped giving me the Solian. This really worked very well and I got almost symptom free within 2 weeks. I had a good time for almost 3 years, then I got issues again. In the hospital they gave me Risperdal, in addition to the Zyprexa. But this time the result wasn't so spectacular and while I do think the Risperdal does help with preventing mania I feel it also always depresses me a bit which is annoying sometimes.

In 2007 they exchanged the Risperdal for Invega, but this didn't work well and after half a year I was given Risperdal again.

Now I take 25 mg of Zyprexa and 6 mg of Risperdal per day. I have delusions only rarely, my main problem now is OCD and lack of ability to adapt to what life hands me.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (1)