CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Time's running out!

Iolite Views: 5,310
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,755,826

Re: Time's running out!

I don't use any chemicals at all on my lawn or plants. When I have weeds that I'm trying to get rid of, I use BurnOut which consists of clove oil, vinegar and vegetable oil. My front yard is a mixture of moss, grass with lots of clover. Each spring, I count the honeybees I see in my large clover patch. At most, it's about 10 honeybees. The neighborhood I live in is 51 years old. We have 40 ft oak, hickory and sycamore trees. The back lots owned by the city is wooded. We have a hawk family that nests in one of the trees behind our backyard. We have moles, squirrels, chipmonks, blue birds, cardinals, mockingbirds, blue jays, finches, sparrows, blackbirds, and crows. We also have carpenter bees, bumble bees, ground bees (very similar to yellow jackets) and a couple of years ago we had a hornets nest in our attic (I had a bee guy take it out) A pretty healthy assortment of wildlife. So why so few honeybees? Some of my neighbors use chemicals to maintain a golf course style green lawn. Those pesticides and herbacides are not helping either.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)