CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Coconut oil makes my face break out terribly!

catia Views: 24,984
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,736,699

Re: Coconut oil makes my face break out terribly!

Just a note on the virgin coconut oil--I'm no guru, have been using it for 20+ years though-before it was newly discovered ;)
Yes, you will notice what you think/or what 'appears' is drying of the skin--particularly on the face, & sometimes hands/feet when you 1st begin using it.

I word it this way because it's not really drying--what happens is that the already dead skin cells that are stuck to your live skin are lifting-it is a very gentle exfoliation.
If you have a day or two off from being in public, wash your face gently, use the vco only & nothing else, and it should all be gone in no time. You are unclogging your skin.

you may notice this more if you wear make-up & petroleum based products, as they have a tendency to make the dead skin stick to your face, and often soap doesn't really remove it, petroleum is very heavy, for example even ajax dishwashing detergent doesn't get it the 1st time around, which is what HAZMAT uses to clean up petroluem spills.

Please don't use petroleum products on your face (if you must use them at all).

If you need a quick moisturizer & don't like the VCO--try grapeseed oil--it's great for cooking & salad dressing too. You can get a nice sized bottle at w-mart for about $5, It lasts forever, I keep 1 in my bath, and 1 in my kitchen, just like the VCO!-- it is either with the other cooking oils, or sometimes in the ethnic foods isle between the matzos & italian stuff on a bottom shelf for whatever reason (i think it might be kosher as well?).

I use both, but find the VCO is much better at eliminating razorburn on legs--quickly, and also I prefer VCO as a whole body moisturizer,
-while I prefer grapeseed oil for under my eyes & on my face instead of foundation, but both do the trick, and are kind & gentle to your skin-neither feels greasy or oily & they both are absorbed well, though it takes a minute or two for it to sink in.

Try not to put anything on your skin that you'd not want to ingest--your skin is your body's largest organ, and the 1st line of defense against illnesses--It's not just for show--your skin plays an important role in your health.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)