CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How to beat the heat without relying on air-con.

snooz Views: 1,373
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,747,633

Re: How to beat the heat without relying on air-con.

Hi Spud,

It's amazing when you read something and then ideas and thoughts come into mind. That's pretty hot, 40 degrees, thats what we had today as well. We also had high winds but thankfully it is raining and I am absolutely estatic about it.

Making yourself one is a great idea including cooling jackets for your dogs. The water crystals is a great idea and the great thing is because they retain water, you wouldn't have to resoak them very often at all.

Your idea of cooling for your dogs, brought me to the thought of further ways of how to keep birds cool when the heat is dangerously high, especially for indoor birds where houses retain heat and the birds are at high risk of heat stroke.

One thing I thought, that as birds, such as my parrot and budgie, whom have no feathers covering their bottom half of their legs and their feet, you could make like a water perch type thing, where they would recieve relief through their feet and cool down.

It could be like a clinder with a round door at one end, and just simply fill it up with cold water. It could come in all different sizes in regards to length and width and just refill it when it gets warm. I am going see if I can make something like this for them myself, as well.

I have chickens as well, and I have had the sprinklers on for them through the hottest part of the day, they just loved it. They got through well and I hosed down their house, to take all risk away of possible heat stroke. I recently got three more chickens and they are all doing really well and have settled in. I had a peek about 15 mins ago and they are all in bed, taking shelter from the rain.

My parrot and budgie are singing now, the window is open and the beautiful cool breeze and the scent of rain is flowing through my house.

Regards,

Snooz

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (1)