CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Piuitary gland tumour - please help

Mrspain Views: 9,607
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,727,150

Re: Piuitary gland tumour - please help

I have a large pituitary tumor (16mm) which secretes prolactin, and possibly also stress hormones (the stress hormones have not been verified by bloodwork, I just have had the symptoms). I have found two particular supplements helpful. Mucuna pruriens ("Velvet bean powder" or "mucuna bean powder") and vitex ("Chaste tree berry," I use the Gaia herbs brand liquid extract). The mucuna seemed to help with blood Sugar balance and decreasing the dizziness and muscle weakness. My second MRI showed the tumor had stabilized in size, after its rapid growth over the previous year. Do some research about these two, or find a good homeopath/naturopath/whatever who can tell you how to use them.

Unfortunately over the past six months I failed to be compliant with treatment and started drinking and smoking a lot, and my latest MRI showed that the tumor grew. I also have schizo-affective disorders, the conventional treatments for which exacerbate hormone problems such as this one (my tumor rapidly grew over a year of psych med use), which is what led me to turn to drinking/drugs. Well that was a really bad choice. Moral of the story is: stay off booze and cigarettes and caffeine, as they mess a whole lot with hormone balance, and be compliant with a good diet/exercise regimen. I'm learning the hard way that my actions have consequences. It is better to ACT NOW than to just f88k around until you get sicker.

I have adopted much better habits over the past couple weeks and I have started doing better. I keep to a raw foods and/or "hunter gatherer" and/or low starch diet, and it seems to make me feel pretty good. But if I eat sugar, wheat, dairy, eggs, or soy, I start getting messed up again.

I like the protocol for detox given on this website, it's sort of like what I am doing: ericiswinning.com . I'd recommend getting their book "Eric is Winning" too. It is quite a good resource for those who are unfamiliar with this sort of Elimination Diet / detox protocol.

I also really like reflexology.

Remember to follow up with your doctors--another mistake I made. Take what they're saying with a grain of salt, but don't just blow them off entirely. I went to a couple ((okay several)) doctors who didn't know what they were talking about and told me just to "see a psychiatrist," and I got so stressed out / upset / betrayed-feeling that I stopped seeing doctors altogether. Find a good endocrinologist and neurosurgeon you can trust and consult with them on a regular basis--every few months, maybe, or as the symptoms get disturbing. Find the best physicians you can, even if this means traveling a distance from home to see them. It's totally worth it. You don't want to trust just anybody with your brain!

Good luck!!!

Healing comes from within!!!

:) :) :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.156 sec, (2)