CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How Do I get Away from an NPD

Views: 10,760
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,667,996

Re: How Do I get Away from an NPD

iv been in a 12 year relationship with someone who has npd

when i broke up with him, he was still making contact, communicating with me, texting me, calling me, emailing me saying he just wants to know if im ok.

so i text back or respond that i am ok, & then the pattern starts again - & it went on for 2 years more - the excellent good times and the painfully hurtful gut wrenching heart tearing BAD times.
emotionally and mentally!!! (he was physically abusive in the early part of our relationship.)

it was only 2 months ago that I learned he was going to be married to somenone else - but he only did so when i brought up that maybe i want us to get married.

i asked him why he was still seeing me then - & why is he being intimate with me - i also asked myself why I allowed myself to still be with him & be intimate with him -
when he was going to be married anyway !!!

- to a woman he said he doesnt really love but cant detach himself from. when i tested him & i said i want us to get married instead - he said he cant.

but he is still communicating with me and initiating contact!!! he also sent an angry text message on why i wasnt answering his calls!!!

i have stopped communicating with him in any manner & form & no longer respond to anything he sends or does. though ithas only been a month, he now no longer is contacting me - for how long i dont know. But i am sure i dont want to be sucked in his world again.

now i think i know why I was suseecptible to him and why i was so easily swayed by him.

i grew up in a family with npd tendencies (my grandmother has npd tendencies) --

Now im in the process of healing myself. it has been only a month so it is admittedly so hard still to get over the fact that i had a relationship with him as he was someone I loved - he's my 1st boyfriend.I had trouble sleeping sleeping at night & i found myself crying suddenly in the grocery. But I have & to make a better today & future for myself. these collection of radio shows from melanie tonia evans also helped me a lot from detaching myself from him as well as help me sleep better at night - sincerely - http://www.melanietoniaevans.com/media.htm

i am still a work in progress but i am starting NOW. NoW is the best time than not at all!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)