CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help: Myopia Greater than -10 Diopters

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Turmeric Bowel Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Cleanse the Liver
with a natural herbal detox

arcadel Views: 5,850
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,674,221

Re: Help: Myopia Greater than -10 Diopters

Hi,
Your situation is very similar to mine. My vision is officially 10~11 diopters range (age 25 at the time), but that was 3 years ago and I know it was getting worse.)

Anyway, I did what I consider a "jump start" to get my eyes working properly again. (Currently it's still very blurry, but my eyes are noticeably more relaxed now and the ever-slight improvement was encouraging. )

What I did:
----
1. I placed my thumb close to the front of my eye (about 1 inch I guess), and a little off to the side of the eye (outward, away from the face) so it doesn't completely cover the eye.

2. I looked at my thumb for a fraction of a second (approximately half a second), and then looked out into the distance at a target object*.

3. I repeated steps 1 and 2 (either for the left eye or right eye). Occasionally the target object
is a tad more clear for the eye nearer to the thumb.

*At 10 diopters+, it's difficult to see when something has become more clear or not, so a target object of sharp contrast will be most helpful. An LED clock display on the kitchen counter or the microwave oven are good choices. The window blinds (when closed) on a sunny day also works well, as there are sharp bright edges where the
light seeps between the blinds. The target object was about 8~12 ft away from me, and I seem to get better results when sitting (probably because it's more relaxing).

----

Some comments:
This jump in clarity doesn't work for me when my thumb is placed between my eyes; it only worked when placed on the side and close to the face. My guess is that for people who require a weaker prescription, they don't have to place their thumb as close to their face. Of course, do try positioning the thumb in other ways; some ways may work better for you.

When I get clarity after shifting from the thumb to the target object, it seems by eyeball is flexed in a way that I hadn't felt before. I try to keep myself from blinking to maintain that flexed eye position (but I continue to shift my eyes back and forth), because after blinking the clarity went away. Eventually I was able to maintain the clarity even after a few blinks, and afterwards, the clarity came just by blinking. (I guess the eye eventually sort of figures it out on its own.)

Yes, in all principles of natural vision improvement, it's a bad thing to not blink, but I think for the purpose of "jump starting" the eyes back to its original form this should be ok. (Do take this comment with a grain of salt.)

For general day-to-day activities, I wear an older prescription glasses as the newer one causes problems when I look at objects of closer distance. I do shift my eyes constantly in distance and position as well as blinking. (All mentioned in Quckenbush's book for proper vision habits, as well as what I'm about to say below.)

2 things I noticed:
1. My eyes were much more relaxed. It was as though a pressure valve has finally been released from my eyes.
2. There's more fluctuation in my vision. Sometimes I see things that are blurrier than I know it should be, but some basic shifting of my eyes (in distance and postion) and blinking brings it back. The key is not to keep your eyes fixed on an object and force yourself to see it clearly.

Hopefully this helped you or anyone else reading. If not then hopefully some other resource will be effective. Best of luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)