CureZone   Log On   Join
Non Listening, Minimizers of hurt & Pain

LVMAN Views: 5,059
Published: 14 y

Non Listening, Minimizers of hurt & Pain

Why do people always feel the need to minimize your pain no matter what situation you are going through?(job loss, loss of a loved one, iillness, etc.) They do this by bring ing up that somebody out there who it has worse than you?

I know that and yes at times,we all need to be reminded of that , however sometimes , people just need a friend who will listen,.It makes me think often times people minimize or throw out plattitudes because they either don't want to take the time to listen or don't know how! However , it seems like we have become a very unlistening society. Any comments or feedback

What do you experience when you share a trial or suffering with a friend or family member? Please share your thoughts and feeling on this topic. By the way I find the minimizing patter just as common in "Christian circles as well as Non-Christian environments.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)