CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: My daughter's sociopath

BlueRose Views: 6,779
Published: 14 y

This is a reply to # 1,611,344

Re: My daughter's sociopath

I'm guessing that your daughter has poor self-esteem since she goes running back to this psycho everytime. It's also possible that she is suffering from Depression or another mental illness. If that's the case, then only she can make the decision to work on her problems. Other than that, if she is mentally ill, check your state laws regarding involuntarily committing an adult child for observation. In some states, this is possible, in other states it's not. However, I'm guessing that in states where involuntarily committment is allowed, she would have to be proven to be a danger to herself or others...

Bless you for taking in your grandchildren! I was relieved to read that you have custody of them! Those poor children need to be in a stable, loving environment. It sounds like their father wants to be a part of their life. At least they have one parent who does right by them.

No doubt, it is gut-wrenching for you to see your daughter in this situation. However, she is an adult and can do what she wants.

As for the psycho --- if you haven't already, get a restraining order. Go to your local police station and they will help you with the process. Once you get it, if he violates it, call the police and have him arrested. Your daughter should do the same thing but, sadly, you can't force her to do so.

Call the Domestic Abuse Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE. Tell the person on the other end of the line everything you wrote here. Ask for advice on dealing with this situation. They can refer you to local organizations that your daughter can turn to for help. Once you have that info, pass it along to your daughter. Let her know that you will be supportive of her should she seek to get her act together. Tell her that if she decides to live with you and the kids that the psycho is forbidden to come on to your property. Be sure you have the restraining order out on him.

So...you can offer her a lifeline but it is up to her to take it. First and foremost --- your job is to protect your grandchildren. If their father continues to prove he is a competent parent, always be sure that he is in their lives. Eventually, I would imagine, the goal would be for them to be with him full-time if your daughter can't get her act together.

Good luck with everything! And, once again, bless you for being there for your grandchildren.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.066 sec, (2)