CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What the hell happened to us?

wombat Views: 1,928
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,570,992

Re: What the hell happened to us?

That's an excellent post:)

People are tranquilized, that's what. 44 years ago:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fluoride22dec22,1,2338669.story?coll=...

"A chemist called it "criminally intolerant chemical warfare to enslave the American people." A self-described inventor and "secret investigator" said the government was trying to "kill you slowly." Another man put it bluntly: "Communism is one of the factors behind it."

In the summer of 1966, a year after the Watts riots, Los Angeles City Council members took up what The Times called "one of the most controversial proposals ever." The hearings drew hundreds of agitated citizens.

The supercharged issue? Adding fluoride to tap water to prevent tooth decay. The proposal was defeated, as were subsequent attempts to fluoridate Los Angeles' drinking water in 1968 and 1975. The issue, in Southern California at least, seemed to be dead...

....But today's fluoride opponents are not nearly so vocal as those of a generation ago; there was little opposition in 2003 when the MWD began preparing to fluoridate its water. The city of Los Angeles finally did it in the mid-1990s without public outcry....

....California has been slow to adopt fluoride. Prior to 1995, California ranked 48th out of the 50 states in the percentage of people who drank fluoridated water. That year, Easley helped write legislation passed by the Assembly which mandates that water providers fluoridate when money becomes available to retrofit their systems. With the MWD's move and San Diego poised to add fluoride, California will soon be on par with the rest of the U.S.

In August, as the MWD prepared to begin adding fluoride, Kennedy spoke before the agency's board. He insisted they had an obligation to warn customers that their children were about to be poisoned.

He spoke about three minutes. There were no questions for him. In the weeks that followed, there was little public outcry.

Being a fluoride warrior can be a lonely business.

"I've spent more of my own money and time on this than I need to," Kennedy said. "We have as a nation become idiots staring at boob tubes. . . . Did they forget how to read? Or are their brains damaged from exposure to fluoride?""

EVERYBODY needs IODINE! (IMHO)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (2)