CureZone   Log On   Join
Corticosteroid atrophy treatment

vicartiantif Views: 4,970
Published: 14 y

Corticosteroid atrophy treatment

"It is not failure if you try and don't succeed, it is failure if you stop trying." (But for this to be true you got to know what is successful trying and do just that. By successful trying I mean this: Every "try" consists of a clear set goal, strategy and action(effort to put the strategy into action). Now, if you don't succeed at the first try, keep changing your strategy and/or amount of effort(the action part) according to feedback you got about why you did not succeed, and you WILL succeed!)

Hi all,

In this post I'll lay out everything I tried so far to get me rid of corticosteroid induced atrophy I got from using corticosteroids topically. I have the following side effects from using corticosteroids topically(they appeared only where I applied the drug):telangiectasias, edema-swelling, erythema.

I am not sure what kind of edema this is, cause some doctors with whom I talked to say it has no liquid in it and some say it does.

I used for six months the following therapy:
-talcum (baby powder) application to the the affected area in the morning
-panthenol cream in the evening
-vaseline before bed and leave it to stay at night

All of this is by doctors recommendation. I haven't experienced any improvement.

Now my doctor wants me to try placental creme once daily application, or the other solution is to try some vitamin E oil also once daily application. He also said recently that glycerin containing cremes can help in hydration of the skin to improve the connective tissue, but did not mention any creme for now.

I anyone knows something about this, how it can be cured, had a friend/relative/acquaintance who had it cured, i would appreciate if he/she would post it here or message me. I would post my findings here in the hopes it may also be helpful to some other unfortunate soul who has gotten this. I will win this - I just know it, the important thing here in chronic conditions is to redefine your meaning of failure as I outlined in the beginning of this post.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.090 sec, (1)