CureZone   Log On   Join
Ear infection

Views: 22,737
Published: 15 y

Ear infection

Recap

My 17 year old son took two different anti-biotic eardrops over two weeks and they didn't work. The doctor took a swab on the second visit and called him back in. He now knew what the bacteria was and the eardrops would do nothing for it.

So he gave him some strong oral Antibiotics , which he was convinced would get rid of this infection in a week and told him to take pain killers /anti inflammatories for the pain, as he had tenderness around the ear area.

Well he has taken them for a week and has not seen any improvement what so ever.

He still has deafness in one ear and tenderness. I don't like him taking pain killers, but he is old enough to make up his own mind on that, and what can i say, when he is in pain.

He took the Pau d arco for only a few days prior to getting the strong anti biotics. I've started him back on them today.

I'm trying to persuade him not to go back to the doctors, but not sure if i'm doing the right thing.

If strong anti biotics didn't get rid of it, will the Pau d arco?

I really need to know they are going to work if taken long enough. If i persuade him to give them a proper go and not go back to the doctors, and they fail him, he will blame me for discouraging him not to go back (mum always gets the blame) and he will also lose faith in herbal remedies, which i don't want to happen.

So Hv please give me some reassurance about this.

Anything else i can do for the inflammation instead of him taking the painkillers.

Also does the Pau d arco kill the flora the same as normal Antibiotics ?

Sorry for being a doubting thomas, but it is obviously going to be a hard infection to shift.

Thanks for any help
Sally

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)