CureZone   Log On   Join
I love this T

Views: 3,046
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,471,965

I love this T

Thank you T.

This is so funny, and so true! I work with sex offenders and mentally disordered offenders, and as funny as these jokes are, they still are true. 

We laugh at things like this every day at work. It's either laugh or cry, but it gets the message across. There's no changing some people and as crazy as some people's beliefs are, if you don't understand what they're saying is true to them you're going to get hurt.

Unfortunately, the most common delusion is seeing "the devil" (satan, their mother, evil, [Jews?]) in other people, usually in their eyes, and many people have been assaulted (and killed) due to that one delusion.

It's true to them. Just a few days ago we searched a young paranoid schizophrenic man's room over and over because he thought there was a bomb in it.  We often say " I know you believe ...... , but I don't see that, and you're going to have to  .......  so just for now..... "  We don't flat out say what they're believing is not true, because it is true to them. We moved his room three times too.

I wish we could love some of them but it's very dangerous. Most of the staff is very caring and we show that by how we treat them and through our eyes (hmmm, there's a connection there). But you're right, most of them lost a connection with reality, love, and right and wrong very early on and they need intense therapy, unfortunately, that's mostly with drugs these days.

I thought "A Beautiful Mind" was very good at showing how real it is to them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.361 sec, (1)