CureZone   Log On   Join
i think i have ringworm but not sure...

LOKAT Views: 8,020
Published: 15 y

i think i have ringworm but not sure...

I have had jock itch then I broke out in these rashes around my armpits and under my breast and around my groin-thigh area.. some on my stomach and sides as well. Ive been going to a school doc (im in college its cheaper) and they prescribed to me Ketoconazole pills and Nystatin cream. I had an allergic reaction to the keto (shivers--- skin felt very sensitive... itchy even more etc.) So i stopped taking that kept taking the nystatin and still am takin it. Went back to see doc .. got perscribed Griseofluvin. I apply nystatin and goldbond twice daily on all effected areas and today is my third day taking griseo. At the moment it seems to be working...but i still need to give it time. Scaly rash areas are developing from the moist rash areas that were they previous so i guess its drying out? I originally thought i had yeast infection (im a man) but as i look more into it it makes sense that its ringworm because my gal (who lives with me) has had it before and has recently gotten it on her twos and one in the face (gone now after taking some lamisil). Im also applying Ketoconazole Shampoo on body (not head or hair) two days out of the week during shower.

How am i doing? Im worried about the griseo... how much liver damage etc. Im to take this for two weeks and then stop. Would i still get liver damage even after two weeks? I dont have the money to get blood tests (much less frequently) to check up on my liver.

If i wanted something to take because im worried about the damage to my liver what would that be? Dandelion root?

Ive had this rash fro a couple of months now and im fed up with it.

I will be doing the spit into the cup yest test in the morning but i doubt its yeast now.

will i be okay with the keto, nystatin and griseo? keto is not perscribed by the way but i dont see the harm it can do since it doesnt get into the blood stream and im not using on my hair or face.

so if you can address any of my concerns please do.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)