CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Prometrium 200mg everyday, 14 days a month

gynhope Views: 6,083
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 144,227

Re: Prometrium 200mg everyday, 14 days a month

I am 48 and have had irregular periods for the past 4 years. Up until then, I was regular, every 28 days. Sometimes I cycle twice a month, sometimes I don't get a period for 50-60 days. Some months there are lots of clots...other months there is just light spotting.
I recently found out I have a few uterine fibroids that I didn't know I had, but to put icing on the cake, they also found an large septated ovarian cyst. They have suggested that I try Prometrium. The nurse practioner ordered Prometrium 200mg days 15 thru 26 before she knew I had an ovarian cyst. Once the physician found out that I had an ovarian cyst (which decreased some in a 6 week period but still looked questionable on ultrasound), she ordered Prometrium 100mg daily. Hmmmm. Little difference of opinion. One way would prevent a period..the other would hopefully make my cycle more regular. The MD is trying to shrink the ovarian cyst. Anyways, I have been unable to start the Prometrium until last night, because I could never get to day 15 without having my period. So, I will let you know how things work out for me. I decided to try the Prometrium 200mg days 15 thru 26 because I do not want to pharmaceutically stop my periods before my body wants that to happen. There is Breast Cancer in my family, so I am leary about adding any additional hormones...and I am a health professional myself, so I am not uninformed on drug matters, to say the least (quite the contrary).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)