CureZone   Log On   Join
Everything you need to know about Colonics!

Views: 4,573
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 140,787

Everything you need to know about Colonics!

He is really give you some misinformation...no surprise, I guess, since he is selling the Libbey!

During a closed-system colonic a speculum is inserted rectally and two hoses are connected to it. One hose allows for the inflow of water...and the other hose it an outflow hose so that waste and water are evacuated. The speculum is inserted about 1-2 inches in order to bypass the two anal sphincters and keep them open. This way...you can completely relax and the waste and water will automatically flow from your body...there is no need to exert any effort as you do when using the toilet. The filling and emptying process is difficult to describe in words...it is more of a 'dance' between the two...but the outflow waste and water does not enter the inflow tube! This is called a closed-system because everything is contained within tubing...the outflow is plumbed right in to the sewage system...no mess, odor or embarrassing noises! Most good colon hydrotherapists will perform abdominal massage during the colonic in order to facilitate the release of more material...some also use essential oils, perform reflexology, apply mini-castor oil packs, etc.

An open-system colonic is performed on a special table that allows you to recline with your back at an angle and your knees bent up...your body is in a V. Underneath your butt there is a 'well' and a drain at the bottom of it. A rectal tube...about the diameter of a pencil...is inserted and the water flows into your colon through this tube. Because the diameter of the tube is not big enough to spread the sphincters open...you have to 'push' much like you do when using the toilet. You expel the waste and water while the rectal tube remains in place (don't ask me how, but it does stay inside!)...and the waste and water goes into the well and drain below you. These machines are equiped with exhaust fans...but some odor can be detected since you're expelling the material in a more open environement...plus there is nothing to muffle the sounds of gas passing etc....and it can be messy! In fact, when I received a colonic on a Libbey I ended up with a slight vaginal irritation because when you release there is a fair amount of force involved...like when you have explosive diarrhea!...and the well that you expel into is made of hard plastic...resulting in back-splash! Ick!!!

Also...in order to fill with water during an open-system colonic you have to tighten muscles so that you retain the water...and then you're tightening more muscles when you push to release waste. Remember what I said before about relaxing?! All the tensing of muscles required for this type of colonic doesn't allow you to relax as thoroughly...so you don't release as much. Not the case with a closed-system colonic...where you can just lie back and let your body and the therapist do all the work! I've even had a couple of people fall asleep during a colonic!

It really irks me that he is telling you that you can have your privacy during a colonic and no abdominal massage is needed. It is true that some places will allow people to self-administer a colonic on a Libbey. BUT don't be taken in by this...this is more in the interest of the facility than in your's!!! A good colon hydrotherapist can do a lot to assist you in releasing more waste...provide you feedback about what you are releasing...discuss your bowel habits and digestive process with you during the colonic...and offer nutritional consultation, too. They are promoting the privacy thing because this allows them to set up multiple Libbey rooms...and use one therapist to work them simultaneously. More $$$ in their pockets!!! And a growing number of places are not just offering this option...they are requiring you to self-administer! I had a client recently from California who was used to the type of colonic that I do...had made an appointment at another facility in Chicago...not knowing that they used an open-system. He was told that he had to perform the colonic himself...and then charged $90! He was totally disgusted...but then delighted to find that he could get a good colonic in Chicago like he gets in California...when he came to me.

As for the lemon water...it is a good tonic for the liver...but won't neccessarily make a difference as far as your constipation. You can certainly try it...but I wouldn't expect too much from it.

How you respond to the colonics is a very individual thing...if you are quite toxic or dealing with a weakening illness...3 colonics in a week may be too much. If you are in pretty good shape...it shouldn't be a problem. I have seen people for multiple colonics in a week for a variety of reasons...during a fast or cleanse...as prep and aftercare for medical tests and procedures...during an acute illness such as food poisoning or at the beginning of a cold or flu. I was giving myself 4 colonics a week for a while this past spring after I had been through a stressful time and was dealing with a bad pollen season...to help me deal with seasonal allergies. Every person responds differently...and every colonic is different...so it is hard to say for sure how you will respond. Most people feel immediately better after a colonic...but some people do experience a cleansing reaction...although it is usually not severe and you should be able to function fine. Just make sure that you use probiotics after each colonic...and replace electrolytes. Regular use of probiotics and a good mineral supplement that contains trace minerals would cover your bases.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (3)