CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help! Major viral infection + herpes

wrkg_onit Views: 5,694
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,347,288

Re: Help! Major viral infection + herpes

If your problem is limited to the urethra then using a catheter to introduce a disinfectant substance is worth a try. Use a short catheter intended for females. Be sure not to introduce additional pathogens when inserting the catheter. Clean the opening of the urethra first with a sterile alcohol prep pad and do not touch the catheter on the part you are inserting. You can get furazone- Antibiotic coated catheters or pre-lubricated catheters (but not both at the same time). All of this is readily available over the web at allegro medical.

Back when I was doing this sort of thing I would get a furazone-coated catheter and then lubricate with furazone Antibiotic ointment which is available from vet supply houses. I would warm the furazone first in the microwave to liquefy it and then apply with a sterilized medicine dropper to the catheter to lubricate it.

There are two urinary sphincters, one at the outlet of your bladder and another at the outlet of your prostate. Presumably it is the latter you are referring to. As you insert the catheter you will get to a point where you notice resistance to further insertion. This is the prostatic urinary sphincter. You will need to push a little harder and play with it a bit to get it to go in. I found a medium to large diameter catheter is better than a small diameter as the small diamter just pokes and doesn't find the opening. If you go 1-2 inches further you will end up in the bladder which is further than you want to go to just irrigate the urethra.

Chlorine dioxide will kill just about anything so this is a logical choice. I have never tried it but I would start with a minimal concentration and then work your way up to see what you can tolerate without undue irritation. Also, I would sterilize the components (sodium chlorite solution, distilled water for dilution and your choice of acid) first before mixing. You can do this by placing them in suitable containers such as glass dropper bottles and heating in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes at 15 lbs pressure. Prepare your solution in a sterilized dropper bottle. Then after you have the catheter inserted hold it up and use the dropper to introduce your irrigation solution.

Good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (2)