CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Major correction

mo123 Views: 12,090
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,336,988

Re: Major correction

Yes, I know what she meant but to those who don't the correction was made. SCD diet says 24 hours. I ferment between 15-24 hours and sufficient enough. The longer you ferment before refrigeration the more sour the yogurt will be. I then drain the whey off after setting in the refrig for 12 hours and have a labane or yogurt cheese and this is what I eat. It all takes time and effort but well worth the end product.

Yogurt cheese or labane can be spread on crackers, used in budwig or simply add fruit to and some granola. It is very versatile. I found that when preparing yogurt if you let it rise to 180 degrees and let it cool all the way down and then cook again on med heat to 18o degrees and then cool to 115 degrees that you get a better yogurt. Make sure the yogurt you are adding is at room temperature.

I then put it in lock down containers not just a regular container because this seals in the heat and keeps it better. Some have yogurt makers but they are a waste of money when making yogurt is real easy. Just my opinion though.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)