CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Professor and the Student...

Views: 3,314
Published: 15 y

This is a reply to # 1,336,521

Re: The Professor and the Student...

Thank You Willow and #3.... (sorry aftter I it reply to Willow's after reading all of both messages I can't see your #!)

A funny thing happened. After I wrote that I came in to watch TV. A program about Albert Einstein was on. He defiitely was a man of faith. He loved physics because he thought it explained God. It had such perfect order to it and the design, he thought, could only be accomplished ny God. His work was along the line of Newtonian Physics.

When Bohr and others came along to introduce quantum mechanical physics he was very upset with their conclusions and didn't take to those theories at all.One of their first findings was that when you attempted to study the motion of an electron and predict its behavior, in Newtonian physics you would have to apply the laws traditional physics would predict--and as long as you didn't attempt to observe the electron you would be correct. But, if as in quantummechanics, you were able to observe the behavior of the electron the results would be completely different. So we must hae 2 explanations of how electrons behave. And both are correct.

Einsten never accepted that.He was working on new theories on is death bed. But, with whatever liberties the program took with his deat bed scene he and is nurse were discussing God. He said he believed God was the creator of the garden (us, the world) and He is also the gardener.

Willow, I also got that evil is the absence of God in "The Shack" but remember after God answered that question he new that the girl's father though trusting Him now totally, still had that one nagging question. He said to God, you could have saved her though couldn't you? The father knew God did intervene to break the rules of nature at times to save some people. He said didn't you love my little girl as much as you loved those people? God said Oh yes!! He said "do you trust me" and the father said yes, and still smiling, God knew he did love him very much, God replied (I don't remember the exact exchange, including what I've already said) Oh, there is a reason, if you could only know why, and what amazing, wondrous things I am preparing for all of my children, and of course the girl's father had already seen how happy his daughter was and she got to see him too. I need to go back and read that part, but the way it was worded, was perfect to satisfy me. Like I can't wait to see what wonderful thing "daddy" has planned for us.

Another thing I know that is a problem for me and others is pain. People get overwelmed when they consider the total amount of sadness and pain going on in the world. I got tis first bit of elp from a C.S. Lewis book. He tried to explain that the reality is that each being is a separate consciousness. It can empathize wit the plight of the world or its neighbor. But, te total amount of pain in the world is only equal to the worst pain of one creature. It can be repeated, but it does not multiply.

There are other possibilities that suggest that there may be much less pain experienced than we may think. Of course, one built-in mechanism is shock. You don't experience pain past a certain threshold, at which time you may know something should hurt very badly, it no longer does once your brain suddenly quits interpreting it the same way.

I have a hope or theory also, that I have seen put forth in a few things I have read. Maybe God, when there is a sudden death milliseconds away from occurring, lifts that spirit out then, instead of after the fatal event. We know that many times our spirits are observing the efforts someone is putting forth to save us.

None of these give me total comfort, but they help me deal with it. I have seen people who consider the worst case of pain as one huge conscious, terrible monster happening to millions at one time. This can result in a nervous breakdown, a kind of pain we cause ourselves when we try to take on our shoulders, something that is so big, we must give it up to God. We can and should alleviate the physical and mental suffering of as many as possible. We can only trust God about the outcome of it all. We know the kind of pain that our bodies experience is just for this (relatively) short life time.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.227 sec, (2)