CureZone   Log On   Join
Food allergies?

Sherri Views: 10,751
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,297,202

Food allergies?

This could be food intolerances or allergies. Do either you or your partner have a family history of allergies? Hayfever etc.

Both my husband and I have allergies, and our son was completely breastfed. at 6 months we started trying him on baby food but he was completely disinterested.

As we tried different things he would spontaneously power puke. Apples were a complete no no. When you say pears was a trigger it is telling because for an allergy things like apples, pears, peaches and any other pitted fruit lump into the same category of allergy and share a similar feremone with hayfever allergens.

Other signs of allergy are poop related. There were times that I fed our son certain foods and his next BM would scorch his poor little bottom as if I sat him on a hot stove burner, and I couldn't get a diaper on him for hours afterwards because it was so sensitive.

I went to a naturopath and had some testing done on myself for food allergies , and many of the items that I had sensitivities with I found to be 'food issues' for our son.

It is not crucial that you child be eating baby food at this age. You could exclusively breastfeed up to a year if you baby is happy and healthy. Sometimes a babys digestive tract is not ready for food at the early age of 6 months. A baby's stomach and small intestine do not have the bacteria built up to handle many of the foods that we try to feed them initially.

The reason your dr is telling you to introduce 1 food at a time is so that you can determine your baby's trigger foods so you can eliminate them from her diet for the time being. Pears I suspect will be one of them, and then possibly all the others I listed above that fit that category.

It's funny but now on our second pregnancy, I've found that I have inherited the apple, power puke from our son....I doubt that apples will be one of the first introductory foods for our new baby! LOL

Hope this helps

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)