CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cancer is not

patientadvocate Views: 1,990
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,286,115

Re: Cancer is not

There is a significant correlation between long term stress and disease.
We must realize there is a difference between daily stressors and daily stress.

We used to offer pyschological counselors to cancer victims and we represented this counseling as a means to resolve, "uresolved issues."

We did not promote cancer support per se, but instead sought to reverse underlying, deep-seeded emotional issues related to trauma, grief, abuse.

We were not really trying to address daily stress that most of us deal with.
We were trying to address those very sensative, private issues that many of us don't ever talk about if ever we have these issues.

Problem is, who is going to take this giant lead, open up a can of worms that they don't know they can close.

Chronic stress, secrets, trauma will lead to early death, period!

Not neccessarily by means of cancer. But this is hard truth. Alcohol, cigarrettes, suicide, drugs, eating disorders, (depression,) never helped anybody live longer.
(I look at these as symptoms of a problem.)...many of these behaviors are forms of self abuse even though they may involve immediate gratification.

Chronic stress, the kind you go to bed with and wake up with, causes long term production of corticosteroids. This is a fact!

So, when I see people detoxifying from environmental toxins so as to support their immune systems, I almost feel dealing with long term issues is also a way to support the immune system. I doubt anyone can say cortisone helps bone marrow.

Many Breast Cancer patients have very similar personality types. While it is never safe to generalize I can say there is a disconnected affect to many of these personalities, (but not all of course.)

So, while abuse, trauma, shame, fear, guilt doesn't lead to cancer, it surely can play a role!

If I were fighting off cancer, I would think that resolving these issues would give me a better prognosis than if I kept them to myself and carried on the fight.

Bret Peirce

p.s.
Remember, venting to a friend is not therapy!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)