CureZone   Log On   Join
ovarian thryoid adrenal axis

Dr. Lam Views: 12,558
Published: 16 y

ovarian thryoid adrenal axis

I am starting this thread as I see a lot of women with this problem , but I dont think the general population really understand the mechanics.

OAT Axis Imbalance.

In the women, there is an very strong interlinked relationship between the ovarian ,adrenals, thyroids, and system. These three organs are intimately co-dependent on each other for optimal function. This axis , also called the Ovarian Adrenal and Thryoid axis ( OAT) must be balanced if a women is going to feel good. If the adrenal is weak, cortisol production will be affected. Excessive cortisol creates a condition of thyroid resistance. Thyroid hormone may be low or normal, but tissue fail to respond as efficiently to the thyroid signal. This resistance applies to nearly all other hormones such as insulin, progesterone, estrogen, and testosterone. That is why stress, when chronic , makes you feel so rotten, like a slow-motion train wreck in progress. None of the hormones are allowed to work at optimal levels. Sugar level becomes imbalanced, blood pressure regulation is affected, Menstrual flow can become irregular. Even the brain is less sensitive to estrogen. Estrogen replacement often becomes ineffective, and symptoms of estrogen dominance like weight gain at the hips, water retention, moodiness is commonly observed despite normal estrogen levels. Hot flashes persists. Any serious attempts to normalize this triad must consider adrenal recovery as the first step.

The use of anti-depressants, thyroid replacements, and ovarian hormones often makes women with OAT axis imbalance worse. Physicians become confused. Patient becomes frustrated. It seems that nothing helps as the patient enter a downward spiral and cascade of multiple symptomatology surfaces, including depression, insonomia, fatigue, metabolic and hormonal imbalances that only seem to get worse the harder they try to get better. Failing conventional therapy, many turn to natural compounds. There are a wide variety of nutrients for the adrenals, thyroid ,and ovarian system. . Its not unusual to see many people take a full battery of these nutrients, like Vitamin C, DHEA, pregnenolone, natural progesterone, and natural thyroid replacement, just to name a few. In the beginning, this may be helpful. Unfortunately, a short-gun approach by taking many nutrients at the same time seldom works and may even backfire. The higher the dose the worse the patient becomes.

All thought on this is welcome. I have been helping women with this imbalnce for many years and on the verge of doing more clinical research on this. Because I see most advance stage adrenal fatigue cases that is refractory to convention and alernative therapies, I like to get a feel from the board the extend of interest in this

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (2)