CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I NEED HELP, my abuse is affecting my life!

virgo66 Views: 3,420
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,257,381

Re: I NEED HELP, my abuse is affecting my life!

I would also set aside any "diagnoses" of ADHD, borderline personality disorder, etc., until I had about a year of therapy".

I agree with this advice whole heartedly. About 5 years ago I started looking around in bookstores and came up with my own self diagnosis. Since I have been seeing a therapist, the labels I placed upon myself have turned out to be harsher than being diagnosed with PTSD. I thought I was borderline and antisocial at the time but even reading my journals from then proved I wasn't even close to being classified as either. My T has read many pages of my journals which has given her a lot of insights about me. I have decided that she is more qualified than I and have let her make the diagnosis. i'm not saying all therapists are qualified or going to be in tune with you. some people will have to look for more than one therapist, it happens. But go easy on yourself about applying labels. We have had enough damage done to ourselves and labels can hurt ourselves even more. Keep trying to work through this, it may get worse but that seems to be how it gets better. Remember, you have support here.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)