CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: bartholin cyst

starla8 Views: 2,999
Published: 21 y

This is a reply to # 127,158

Re: bartholin cyst

Hi,

About three years ago I got my first bartholin cyst. They kept re-curring and finally I had surgery on it (Ward catheter).

A few months after the surgery, I got another cyst in the same spot. I went back to my doctor (who offered no help except to 'perform another surgery') to see if I could find out what was triggering them.

I started looking into this on my own as no one could give me an answer. The only recent change in my life was that I had started taking birth control pills. I considered that to be a cause of my cysts because the chemicals in the pill do thicken your secrections. I stopped taking it and a few months later, I didn't have a problem with cysts anymore.

The next year, I got prescribed a different kind of birth control. I figured that maybe it was the particular brand I was on before that may have caused it. A few months later, I got another cyst. I decided to have another surgery (and I stopped the pill again).

My second surgery was marsupialization. I even went to a new doctor to perform the surgery. I had no problems with cysts after that for months.

Around the middle of last year, I gave the pill one more try. Sure enough, I soon got another cyst. I have since quit the pill AGAIN and have not had any re-currences. It's only been about 4 months but because of my experience, I will use alternate forms of birth control.

I do not know for sure if any of this has any correlation to birth control pills, and I certainly would not recommend anyone quit them without thoroughly thinking it through. I'm merely telling you what happened to me and how I handled my own personal situation.

I wonder if anyone else has had this experience!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)