CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Need help with attracting a job

fledgling Views: 4,465
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,186,733

Re: Need help with attracting a job

Just a guess, Leo...

ACT as though you already have it.

Quietly put yourself in similar places and circumstances...just the environment.

Dress to the industry standard, only a little bit better, neater, a little more attractively...somewhat more fitted, and in your colors, but not too far different. Hair, too.

Go where those folks hang out, and be busy reading something interesting, but not too far out.

Be approachable, but not too eager...just relaxed, comfortable, and competent-appearing.

A long time ago a friend wanted to be a clerk in a large department store, to support herself while attending university.

She dressed herself to look the part, and went in early one morning to fill out an application.

Then she sat quietly reading in the waiting area of the Personnel office...for about an hour, I think.

Thereafter, she went in every morning when they opened, sitting quietly.

I don't know if she became known by name, or not...or even if she exchanged 'good mornings' with anyone...but she surely was seen.

She was young and pleasant-looking, so when an opening came up in the Mens' Wear department she was hired.

That job became her training, and she stayed there all during her schooling, only leaving to study in England, and marry her English sweetheart.

My brother wanted to become a salesman for a large food company. He had no training in anything, except he was very good at his appearance.

He had me write an introductory letter, which really only could speak about his enthusiasm.

After he applied on the usual forms, he showed up early at the hiring office for a few days. It wasn't long before he was hired, too.

I don't know how this tactic would work today, but you may see a way.

Mostly I think it is making oneself appear available and competent that helps...the Law of Attraction then kicks in.

...The right person, at the right time and place.

If I may, your post sounds just right...intelligent, and polite...competent.

I have no doubt you'll do well.

Enjoy!

Fledgling

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)