CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: In a world of hurt

GirlwiththePearl Views: 3,055
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 1,209,226

Re: In a world of hurt

I would wait and give this person a LOT OF TIME to heal. Relationships with NPD people (particularly if the person has never been exposed to it before) are incredibly traumatic at the soul level. we all like to believe that humans are essentially good, i guess, and especially the ones we live with and love. i think the majority of people are understandably appalled to see someone behave in evil manners AND LOVING IT. i think it is the part where the N is actually gleeful that is the most revolting. it is not unusual for the "normal" person to feel ashamed at the undignified ways in which they have suffered at the hands of the N trying to reason with them or correct the problems in the relationship. Depravity is a very apt term! I have noticed that lots of people who have suffered with an N are just embarassed to talk about it, because they feel other people won't understand how it all happened and how they could let it happen.

So all you can do is wait, let the person know you are there for them and can be trusted, but understand their trust may be permanently altered at this point. and it may be quite a while before you hear from them. I would go on with my life in the meantime.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (1)