CureZone   Log On   Join
Expectations

jessesmom1987 Views: 2,715
Published: 16 y

Expectations

One important thing I've learned through my journey of healing- is that it really is ok to not push yourself to do something when you just don't feel up to it.

Thankfully, I've had a supportive husband who doesn't place expectations on me, realizing there really has been health reasons for things not getting done. My 1st husband was a perfectionist, who placed alot of his expectations on me and the kids. It's just nice to know that it's ok to not make myself get work done when my body is telling me it needs to rest. I've had to learn to pace myself, and instead of seeing all the jobs that need to be done; spring cleaning, yard work, garden--doing what I can but recognizing when it's time to quit too...even if it means letting some things go undone.

My son has the personality of his father, works hard, long hours- which is good to a point--but he's had a hard time understanding why mom doesn't get a job, and just stays home...like I said, thank goodness for a husband who understands. One of the things I've learned about myself...is through life I've been a "people pleaser", and it really isn't selfish to take care of yourself!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)