CureZone   Log On   Join
Newbie here - glad to have found this forum!

CamdensMom Views: 2,278
Published: 16 years ago

Newbie here - glad to have found this forum!

Hi - glad to have found this forum. 39 year old female, been having chest pains for 6 weeks on a daily basis. I thought it was heartburn as I had problems with that before, but Prilosec did not help as it had in the past and it got so bad one day that I ended up in the ER. Like most of you, I went through the rounds of cardiac and gastro testing, ruling everything else out. In the middle of all this happened to meet a chiropractor who said it was costo. Started seeing him about a month ago, 3-4X/week. Rheumatologist agreed with the costo diagnosis and just started me on Etodolac 2 days ago. This is so frustrating - I have never had this kind of pain for this long. I am wiped out all the time - I basically go to work, come home, and lie down. I've missed 4 or 5 days of work, which is pretty much my max for the year. I have spent a fortne on copays. The worst thing is that I have no energy to do much other than work. I feel like I'm being a terrible mom to my 5yo because I'm just in so much pain all the time. Today I am going to try to drag myself to the gym and just try to walk on the treadmill for a few - I've hardly exercised at all since this started and feel awful. I'm using ice every day which gives some relief. I also just read about rolfing here and found someone in my area who is certified, so thinking about that too.

Anyway, just needed to vent - this is a strange condition and I'm not getting a lot of understanding from my bosses or husband, who is tired of also working all day and then having to come home and do all the housework. It's also scary to see how long some people suffer with this.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.082 sec, (1)