CureZone   Log On   Join
POSSIBLE LINK TO NO-GRAIN DIET?? Re: Peripheral polyneuropathy - please advice

Views: 6,009
Published: 16 y

This is a reply to # 799,694

POSSIBLE LINK TO NO-GRAIN DIET?? Re: Peripheral polyneuropathy - please advice

Hi there, it's been a long time, but here's an update on MY polyneuropathy! More detail is in my post up above, however referring to what I replied to you originally, I tried ALL the supplements and treatments (Backrelief, benfotiamine, methycobalamine, lots of time spent in "detoxing" infra-red saunas recommended by a naturopath who said I had a lot of heavy metal toxins, etc, etc), and the ONLY thing that helped me at all was to start eating Essene ryebread and rolled flaxseeds - had been for 3 years on a no-grain "paleo" style diet of organic/wild meat, fish, eggs, nuts, fruit & veg. Like you, I exercise regulalry (jog 5kms 3X/wk)and am generally very "healthy" in the sense of not ever beign sick in bed with colds, flu etc.

A week ago I started trying a raw food diet, which will obviously involve a lot less protein and a lot more sprouted/soaked grains and legumes. For social reasons I will probably have to eat some fish and cooked veg at least, occasionally. The fact that so far ONLY grains have helped my neuropathy, suggests there is SOMETHING I need which I cant get from small amounts of nuts and seeds, and cant get by having all my carbs in the form of fruit and veg either. I dont want to go back to feeling heavy, slow and sleepy with lots of IBS, but at the same time it's really important not to be a dietary fanatic!

Since iron damages the heart, I'm wondering if that missing link is IP6 (see my post above and the thread in the "facial hair forum"), so I will eat lots of rice bran and I'm hoping I can fix all my problems by dietary changes. To try and speed things up and find an answer, I'm also, now I have holidays again, trying treatment with a traditional Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist, and also with a respected homeopath.

I was struck by how similar your situation is to mine, with the no-grain diet and exercise and symptoms (except hopefully you havent developed palpitations, increased blood pressure or facial hair), so maybe just try getting some IP6 into you, eat lots of ricebran, eat Essene bread, eat cooked rice and oats, whatever - just try lots of wholegrains for awhile and you'll soon see if it helps! If it does, you have your answer and you just have to work out your new dietary components.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)