CureZone   Log On   Join
comparing "suicide bomber" to 40,000 pounds

Ohfor07 Views: 3,747
Published: 16 years ago

comparing "suicide bomber" to 40,000 pounds

While getting periodic doses of printed propaganda, I frequently notice that a consistent trend in war-time headlines the past few years has been repeatedly portraying some of the so-called "bad guys" (from the assumed perspective of Americans, this is) as the suicidal bomber that took out X number of innocent civilians Iraqis this day, and the suicidal bomber that took out Y number of brave U.S. soldiers on that day, so on and so forth. Somhow in all of this, the unspoken message that's reinforced each time I see this kind of journalistic phrase is that the authors of such are trying to convey that there is something not fitting, perhaps dishonerable...maybe even suggesting there is something cowardly about a war-time combatant doing whatever they fee necessary in order to inflict harm and pain upon their invading foreign enemy.

To be honest, I seriously wonder if there are as many suicide bombers inflicting damage against the invaders in and around Iraq as what the MSM headlines constantly purport.  I wonder if, maybe, whenever a given day for the invaders turns out to be a pretty bad day, maybe, just for the folks back home resting comfortably in their living rooms, the newmakers might feel it at least helps to put a prettied up dress on this otherwise ugly pig by alotting some of the blame for these bad days on the everpresent "suicide bomber". To take this a step further, I'm even willing to concede there have been all these suicide bombers inflicting the damage as reported. So what? It's a bleepin war. It's a war that wasn't started nor invited by the host team. Anyone remember that part? The suicide bombers are supposedly figting on the side of the host team home team. The invaders - thats US, are the vistors. Looks odd in plain back & white, I admit, to print that the US hometeam is actually the away team in this event.......waaaaaaaay far away from the home they are chartered to protect. Doesn't an alien bully that unnecessarily picked an unprovoked fight to begin with deserve as much of a bloodied nose as may occur in the process? At least in this instance, the suicide bomber wanting to protect their home turf has the decency to give up their life in the process....which can fairly be characterized as a page right out of old, standard-issue,  red, white & blue patritotism  "... giving up one's life for the cause of freedom", right?.

What goes around comes around can be a real bit    bummer in this respect, eh? There really are not genuine rules to speak of during war-time engagment anymore, are there? I mean, aside from shady reporting that goes on all the while making the story look this way or that for the folks back home no matter how the story is really going, the US-sponsored off-shore POW camp south of the border just to further skirt the spirit of honesty, law and fairness, and the like, can or will anyone mention to me one example of a geunie war-time rule of engagement that's been in play and honored throughout the past 4-plus years?; from either side but especially from the side of US?

Meanwhile, I saw an AP report - printed today of events said to happen yesterday. It tells of how the U.S. launched Operation Phoenix around South Baghdad yesterday, having dropped 40,000 pounds of bombs in a brief flurry of airbombing activity lasting not more than a half hour, if I remember the printed story correctly. As an aside, I often times wonder if the stale old farts in the Pentagon were not so caught up in spending time dredging up cutesypie names for their every action, how much would this alone reduce the cost of their war, how much time would this preserve for them to do something a little more thoughtful - like figure out a sensible way to get lame asses out of their sorry war? Back to the Operation Phoenix action, another way of saying what this really seemed to be about in comparison to those dastardly suicide bombers....we have a good handfull of well organized flyboys, flying in the luxury of multi-million dollar tax-payer funded toys, who spent part of a day live gaming, during which the most likely risk they were in was heavy traffic caused by their fellow boys - probably not any worse than being on a typical U.S. highway during road-raging  rush hour, and all of which were probably all comfortably back in their luxury cruise ships chatting over the day's events during evening messhall. I get the distinct impression that this story is proffering all of this shoot'em up from the sky action as though it somehow is more representative of somebody's idea of a more honorable way to kill, maim and destroy humans... that THIS kind of tactic somewhat rises above other tactics compared to, say,  those awful, despicable, headlining suicide bombers. Do I have this right? Anyone?

As this war continues to press on, and I observe people logging on to come here and parrot seemingly hollow sentiment like "support our troops....and be sure to ask/pray thanks to God for our many blessings", A) I find it increasingly difficult to remain respectful of and civil towards this kind of self-serving & rather flip attitude,  B) after this nausea passes, I wonder if this kind of prayerful person is also asking their God to keep a watch over those poor innocent souls on the hosting-side home team who are being bombed incessantly by the same troops that this kind of prayerful person is imploring us to support, C) and suddenly I hear echoes of Fritz Springmeier talking about the inconsistencies of misguided people who see themselves as, supposedly, God-fearing, righteous people

" It should be pointed out that  Jesus commanded his disciples to love their enemies and to do them good. This means most of the Christian churches do not have a Christ-like world view. Or to say it bluntly, most of what is called Christian is not Christian. Protestants and Catholics think nothing about a millionaire evangelist preaching Jesus' sermons to the poor. Nor do many of them find discomfort that Protestants may have "Jesus in their heart", receive supportive prayers from their chaplains, and then climb into Jet bombers and drop 500 lb. bombs onto innocent civilians, who are written off as collateral damage.

Love thy enemies... this is some tricky scripture to navigate in the context of this ongoing war mess. Okay, okay, I get it already the part where a lot of Americans love Iraqi's enemies, cause Iraqi's enemies are in large part the sons and daughters of the taxpayers that sent them to Iraq in teh first place. When those kinds of enemies are one's sons and daughers, of course, it's easy to love them, and perhaps this is what possess some people to implore others to "support our troops". Let's pretend for a moment that Iraqis are also our enemies. How does a hawkish albeit God-fearing person propose to love those enemies too? ....oops, Houston, I fear we have a support glitch here...... a real love/support/hawk/God-fearing vortex....the kind of downward spiral ploy that Kirk used to trick and thereby melt down poor old HAL. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.086 sec, (4)