CureZone   Log On   Join
Salt for constipation

lparks Views: 7,795
Published: 16 y

Salt for constipation

I am a man, 81, fighting constipation all my life and eating lots of bran to keep things moving. WRONG METHOD! Simple solution. Sea Salt at bedtime. Thanks to the late Dr. Batmanghelidge (watercure.com) I started taking salt at bedtime (about 1/8 tsp)for falling asleep, tho that was rarely a problem.

I just came off a two-week cruise. First nite, 5 times getting up to urinate. Next nite took salt at bedtime (10 pm). Immediate positive results. Awoke at 3:30 to urinate and was wide awake. No need to urinate again for 2 hours. Couldn't go back to sleep for 2 or 3 hours. Felt mentally very sharp.

I experimented further. I salted my breakfast of grapefruit, watermelon, mango and orange slices heavily. When I had oatmeal I salted that too. My evening schedule is this: I go easy on liquids and watery vegetables and fruits. When I'm ready for bed, here's what I do. I put about 1/8 tsp of salt in my palm, take it up with my tongue and wash it down with a very small amount of water. If you put 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda with it, it works even better. Too much soda will make you too loose. Don't take soda except on an empty stomach, unless you've eaten wrongly.

I will fall asleep easily provided I have not napped too much during the afternoon or overeaten, but I usually nap some. I will awaken fully rested at 3:30 to 4 a.m. Urine stream improved. I feel mentally sharp, so I read. No desire to sleep more.

I have in the past ingested much more salt and the effect on constipation was very positive. I measured blood pressure often and it was normal to borderline, but diastolic almost always below 80. Blood pressure measurements are highly variable.

CONFESSION: I ate too many sweets, muffins and cookies on the cruise and gained about 17 pounds. My blood pressure is running in the "borderline" region now, but getting off the grains, milk and Sugar I'll get it right down again along with my weight. (180 ideal)PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY, HOW YOU FEEL AND FUNCTION. Your energy level, Arthritis and cancer may do better as well. Works that way for dogs and cats. (www.watercure2.org) Milk, cheese and calcium are CONSTIPATING! Both salt and magnesium are reported to solidify bones. Salt blocks are always put out for cattle.

DO NOT FOLLOW my example if you have congestive heart failure, a kidney problem or puffy ankles. If there is the slightest question, consult your physician.
Loren

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.078 sec, (2)