CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Has it been proven that "zapping" works?

analogkid Views: 4,574
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 107,689

Re: Has it been proven that "zapping" works?

Without getting into why one can not prove a negative, I totally agree with the spirit of your question: Where are the tests?

I think you are referring to a triple-blind study. In a double blind, all participants know they are in a test situation, all participants know they might receive the control option (drug, device, whatever), and all participants must give their consent in writing, usually multiple times. By the way, the control isn't automatically a placebo. Many tests try to resolve differences in performance, and the control is the old thing being compared to the new thing. In these tests, everyone is getting some level of treatment. My mom was in such a test.

In a triple-blind study, none of the subjects know that they are in a test situation, and some receive no treatment while thinking that they are getting the standard stuff. Ethical issues abound, but consider that only a triple-blind study has a chance of producing unbiased results. Expectations, positive or negative, color *everything*, and even the best double-blind studies have reliability issues.

Ethics vs. results, a *very* old question.

ak

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)