CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Has it been proven that "zapping" works?

ParaZapper Views: 4,612
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 107,688

Re: Has it been proven that "zapping" works?

>- Coming from one of the few people around here who understands what a double-blind test is and why we need them, your statement left me both shocked, stunned, and dismayed

Sorry, I do understand the value of such and I also realize the limitations of anecdotal reporting ... but I also note that certain things can be so effective as to preclude the use of double blind studies. Such as wearing seat belts, aspirin as a pain reliever, etc.

Once a product has a reported effectiveness above 60 or 70 percent, the comparison of such to a placebo is basically mute. The standard effectiveness for a placebo is roughly 32 percent as a published value. If a product has an effectiveness near double that value, it obvious that a placebo is not specifically necessary. Still I accept that using a placebo as a proven standard does have value and do support the use of randomized double blind studies whenever possible.

One other statistic should be presented. A dissatisfied user is more than 10 times as likely to respond to a questionaire than a satisfied user. This is statistically established. Therefore, a customer satisfaction level of 90 percent is a very good indication of a high level of acceptance.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)