CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: myth about distilled water

chrisb1 Views: 3,198
Published: 17 y

This is a reply to # 1,051,992

Re: myth about distilled water

Hi Spdina,
I have an open mind on mostly everything including the question of which water is best for human consumption, and have been doing quite a bit of research on the matter. These are my own conclusions as to the verdict on distilled water, although I am sure for many, the jury is still out & deliberating the issue..................

Distilled water is literally water that has been boiled, evaporated and condensed - leaving all chemicals, toxins and waste behind and creating pure, clean water. Distillation will remove bacteria, viruses, cysts, heavy metals, radionuclides, organics, inorganics, and particulates.

Distillation is literally the method seen in nature, whereby: the sun heats the water on the earth's surface, the water is turned into a vapour (evaporation) and rises, leaving contaminants behind, to form clouds. As the upper atmosphere drops in temperature the vapours cool and convert back to water to form water droplets. Then once the droplets fall as rain (precipitation) the cycle starts over again.

This is exactly the same process in a water distiller - the tap water is heated to boiling point so the impurities are separated from the water, and the water then becomes steam. This is then condensed back into pure liquid form. The impurities remain as residue and are removed leaving 100% pure, pH balanced water.

Some common questions re the distillation of water.......

1. I heard that distilled water leeches minerals from the body, is this true?

It is unsure where this myth came from, but it is not based upon any scientific fact and is literally a lie. It is presumed that it was a rumour started by an individual or company with vested interests (possibly a manufacturer of an alternative filter or purifier).

"Your question as to whether distilled water leaches minerals out of the body reflects another persistent myth. While pure water helps to remove minerals from the body that cells have eliminated or not used, it does not "leach" out minerals that have become part of your body's cell structure. Neither does distilled water cause your teeth to deteriorate, a false claim made by a filter manufacturer looking to boost sales. As far as acidity goes, distilled water is close to a neutral pH and has no effect on the body’s acid/base balance". --- Dr Andrew Weil

"Distilled water has an inherent quality. Acting almost like a magnet, it picks up rejected, discarded, and unusable minerals and, assisted by the blood and the lymph, carries them to the lungs and kidneys for elimination from the body. The statement that distilled water leaches minerals from the body has no basis in fact. It doesn't leach out minerals that have become part of the cell structure. It can't and won't. It collects only minerals that have already been rejected or excreted by the cells...To suggest that distilled water takes up minerals from foods so that the body derives no benefit from them is absurd." - Harvey & Marilyn Diamond, Fit for Life II: Living Health.........A Natural Hygienists viewpoint on Distilled Water.

2. Isn't distilled water void of minerals that my body needs?

Another popular myth. The simple fact is that the human body can only use and absorb certain types of minerals (organic as opposed to inorganic) and only from certain sources. The human body is designed to get it's minerals from foods, not from water and so the best thing we can do for our water is make it as pure from toxins and chemicals as possible.

While it is true that the process of distillation removes certain minerals from the water it is highly unlikely that any of the beneficial minerals could be used by the body. Research has shown that the body is unlikely to be able to absorb the minerals from water and one study has even claimed that you would have to drink over 650 eight-ounce glasses of tap water to reach the Recommended Daily Allowance for calcium. The fact that distillation makes water 100% pure should not be of concern.

"The body’s need for minerals is largely met through foods, not drinking water." - American Medical Journal !!!

Can't believe I just quoted from MAINSTREAM. What am I doing?......chrisb1

"The minerals which the human body needs that are in the water are insignificant to those in food… and anyone simply eating a varied diet, not even a balanced diet, could hardly suffer a mineral deficiency." - Dr. Henry A. Schroeder, Dartmouth Medical School

"The only minerals that the body can utilize are the organic minerals. All other types of minerals are foreign substances to the body and must be eliminated. Distilled water is the only water that can be taken into the body without any damage to the tissues." - Dr. Allen E. Banik,.....The Choice is Clear.

WELL, I THINK THAT HAS MADE MY OWN MIND UP.

I SAY WHAT, OLD BOY.......ANYONE FOR TENNIS??

CHRIS

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.176 sec, (3)