CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Black pepper/strawberries/peas vs. beans, lentils

Views: 10,294
Published: 18 y

This is a reply to # 10,442

Re: Black pepper/strawberries/peas vs. beans, lentils

Hi there - please pardon as I'm a newby to this diet. I need to read more about it, and also about the secretors, etc.

Here is what it said on the page I saw:

"Avoid"

Blackberries
Coconuts
Melon, cantaloupe
Melon, honeydew
Oranges
Plantains
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tangerines

=====================================

As a source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, many (but not all) alkaline fruits are beneficial for Type Os.

Melons, for example, contain high levels of mold to which Os "have a proven sensitivity." Cantaloupe and honeydew "have the highest mold counts of all [and] should be avoided completely."

Acidic fruits (e.g. oranges, tangerines, strawberries) should be avoided, but grapefruit may be eaten "in moderation because it exhibits alkaline properties after digestion."

Type Os "have an extreme sensitivity to coconut and coconut-containing products."

Plums, prunes, and figs are beneficial for Type Os because, like "most dark red, blue, and purple fruits [they] tend to cause an alkaline rather than acidic reaction in [the] digestive tract." (69-70)

=======================================

Which book did you get that out of? All I know is that I have this internal "aversion thing" to strawberries even though my mind really wants to eat them cuz they look wonderful. Sometimes I can eat them raw and I'm fine. Other times they just give me a weird feeling. Of course, I have to be really careful of ANY food and molds. Like blueberries and figs need to be very fresh..... I ABSOLUTELY love prunes and prune juice. That was no surprise to see that on the list. Prune juice (in moderation!!! hehe) is very calming to me.

I feel great today - for the first time in awhile. I'm eating a lot, and feeling satisfied. And yet I feel less bloated and icky. Hmmmmmm! Of course, I try to eat a fair amount of raw veggies, like a great salad with my lunch, etc. Raw veggies and fruits. It's not about eating a ton of meat and clogging myself up. Just eating the moderate portion of those meats along with the other things on the list.

What does it say about goat cheese for secretors and non-"s" ??? The list I read said it was neutral.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (2)