CureZone   Log On   Join
My adrenal fatigue story, 22 and scared because it seems like no one recovers from this.

ithappens Views: 14,957
Published: 17 y

My adrenal fatigue story, 22 and scared because it seems like no one recovers from this.

Hi I'm 22 years old and my life is in shambles right now. I feel I have a severe case of adrenal fatigue, and for the past three months my life has been a living hell; a complete utter hell, by far the worst i have felt in my entire life. Let me lay everything out here in the hopes that there is someone out there who may be able to help and/or let alone relate. Back in August of 2006 I was a normal quick thinking healthy 20 yearold guy. I played soccer at my school, was in great shape, looked pretty good, just a young healthy normal guy except for one thing, i had been battling a case of Acne that I pretty much have had since my teenage years. So in August I finally made the decision to go on accutane to rid myself of the mild/moderate Acne on my face and more so the severe Acne on my forehead and back. I really wasn't on a high dose of accutane just a six month stint with the first two at 20mg and the last 4 at 40mg. During the treatment my acne cleared up, and in general I felt fine. I had no side effects besides the usual dry lips and skin etc. I wasn't depressed at all what so ever, and the accutane totally cleared me up. It was the first time in my life I was clear from acne so my confidence was sky high, and I was on cloud 9. However, towards the end of treatment the one thing that did happen was that I started to drastically lose my hair. The whole texture of it changed, and I went from being a guy with a full head of thick hair to one where the temples receeded and the whole texture of hair changed to this wispy curly mess. However, even through all this I still felt fine and normal so I don't really think that the accutane had anything to do with my probelms now besides the hair loss. Anyway, to counter the hair loss I tried PROPECIA in April of 2007 under my derms advice, and MY LIFE HASN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE. Here's what happened on my two week stint on propecia. After a couple days on it I immedietly had pain in my testicales and ED, it was impossible to get an erection and i would wake up without morning wood. Furthermore, my sleep was greatly disturbed, I couldn't fully go to bed at night, it's like I was half asleep and when I would wake up for practice in the morning I felt like a zombie out there. I had tons of other effects like bloating and weight gain, but the sleep was the worst, i just couldn't get refreshing sleep. So I stopped using the drug after two-three weeks and things did slowly start to improve. My sex drive fully came back which was nice, but my sleep still was greatly disturbed, and I would get extreme bouts of fatigue throughout the day. Once school ended during the summer things improved slightly, there were times when I seemed fine, but they were few and far between. I also just couldn't seem to lose weight for soccer, and get in the shape I was in before. I mean I would run and run and run and nothing would come off. I came early back to school to get in shape for soccer and our upcoming season etc, but something was just different and wrong in simple terms I couldn't get in shape because my body couldn't recover. I would run and do sprinting drills and instead of getting in better shape every day like I used to I found myself getting slower and worse, my body just couldn't recover, it was something I never experienced before. Anyway, I was dropped from the team because I just couldnt run and they thought I wasn't in shape. But since the semester has started here with the pressures of school and such my life is just in shambles. I can barely function on a daily basis, I have no metabolism and normal eatting patterns, I have no sleeping pattern because I can't go to sleep at times and the sleep that I get isn't the same. It's as if when I wake up I'm just not refreshed and feeling good, it's not like it used to be. I also get extreme bouts of fatigue that occur at certain points throughout the day where i literally sit down and feel like I cant get up, etc. Mentally I'm down, but I know I'm not depressed, I just can't be happy because I have no energy to really do anything or interact or let alone by myself. Physically I cant workout like I used to because I cant recover and feel worse afterwords. I also have dark circles under my eyes. I just look like death. i feel slower mentally and also slur on my words at times. I just can't think as quick as I used to and feel like I have nothing to offer half the time, but I stressed I'm not depressed. The only time i get depressed and down is because i'm upset of the fact that I have no energy half the time. I'm going to an endo in a couple days but I feel like from what I read on here once this starts happening to your body with adrenal fatigue it's impossible to ever recover. I just hope that one day I can get back to how I was mentally and physically and back to the healthy happy person i once was. If I can't recover which it seems like most people don't ever at least fully anyway, I dont know what to do, this is no way to live and I'm only 22. If I can't recover I'm serioudly considering offing myself, I just can't go on like this and I don't want to suffer for the rest of my life. I'm just so scared.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (3)