CureZone   Log On   Join
Logical explanation ... parasite or hair?

Views: 1,089
Published: 17 years ago

Logical explanation ... parasite or hair?

Hi there.... I think I have some type of parasite and have been having symptoms (burrowing, weeping sores, etc) since Labor Day. It's a long story. I've gone through a couple rounds of Permethrin cream (it was initially assumed to be mites - no scrapings done) due to symptoms and presentation. My Vet actually did a more complete investigation and realized the situation had nothing to do with mites. Meanwhile, I've been "collecting" various samples of the oddities to give to the Health Dept, the entemologists, the PCP, the Derm, the Vet... Finally, my husband and I decided we are going to buy our own microscope and try to figure things out. So, I've been collecting samples for me...and checking out microscopes. I was going to buy one today when...I realized in one of the glass jars (the critters seem to eat through plastic) there seems to be a worm like thing (1/4-1/5 in?) nearly see-through on the side of the jar. I have a very dark shirt on, so, I saw it. I watched for awile thinking it was a hair.... Also, I shined a flashlight into the jar at various angles and that seemed to make this thing move, too.

Is there a logical explanation, other than it's something alive, for this...like, can a hair move inside a vacuum?

As an aside, when I take this to whereever my Drs office says... is there something I should make sure they do or do not do to get this precious cargo out without ruining it? Is there anything I should be doing now to preserve it? It's literally in a jar... no alcohol or anything. Just jar and air and other "samples" from my body.

Thanks for any thoughts! Katherine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.055 sec, (1)